Android and iOS are the biggest competitors in the smartphone market. While Apple has spread across the world, it is Android that is the most widely used operating system in the world, after Windows. There are over 1.5 billion Android supported devices, ranging from the various models of Android smartphones to other electronics that support the software. The Google Play Store is the primary platform that provides users a chance to not only browse the millions of apps and games but also a chance to developed their own application and feature it on the Play Store. It is the easiest way to make games and apps of all kinds.
As Android is open source, it allowed developers to develop emulators for the OS. Which in turn allows users who don’t have their Android device handy to play Android games and use apps on computers and laptops. This option is also available for iOS but since that operating system is not open source, it is much more difficult for developers to make an iOS emulator. iPadian is one of the emulators that is halfway decent. There are only a handful of apps and games that are exclusive to iOS devices. As a rule of thumb, if it is available for iOS, it is available for Android.
But when we are talking about Android Emulators, there is none more famous than Bluestacks. BlueStacks is a free Android emulator available for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 desktop PCs / Laptops and also Mac OS X iMacs and Macbooks.The emulator has been around for quite some time now, and since its release, it has only evolved into a more reliable emulator for all Android apps and games. It is the go-to for when you want to play a game on your computer or your laptop and want reliability and stability.
Table of Contents
- 1 Bluestacks Downloading and Installation:
- 2 Configuring Bluestacks
Reasons to get Bluestacks
Bluestacks handles like the typical Android tablet or smartphone. Once you have it installed on your PC or laptop, it will act like it is an Android device. When you visit the Play Store through Bluestacks, the store will recognize it as an Android device, allowing you to install apps and games through Bluestacks. Here we are listing the biggest reasons why you should give Bluestacks a chance as an emulator.
- If you don’t own an Android device and want to play a great game that is only available on Android then you should get Bluestacks on your PC.
- Not all apps and games can be run on a single device. Some apps are exclusive to a certain type of Android device. For example, some apps are exclusive for tablets and cannot be run on smartphones. If that is the case then you should give Bluestacks a try.
- Storage issues may prevent you from installing a large sized app or game. Installing Bluestacks will solve that problem.
- Sometimes the graphics of the games you play can be too detailed. You cannot experience the full extent of an HD game on the small screen of a smartphone. Bluetacks will allow you to experience that game on the much bigger screen of your PC.
- RAM: 2 GB
- Disk Space: 4 GB
- Direct X 9.0 or higher for Windows: Download
- .Net Framework 3.5 or higher for Windows: Download
- Compatible OS: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 and Mac OS X
- To Download and install Bluestacks, Follow these simple steps.
Bluestacks Downloading and Installation:
1) Download Bluestacks
Download Bluestacks from its home page.
After downloading run the executable file to install Bluestacks.
3) Continue Installation
After you have successfully downloaded it and opened the file, you should be given the option to further the installation process. Click next to continue the installation.
Before the installation starts, you will be given a few options which you will probably want to be present in your app. Tick mark them if you do and do not do anything to them if you don’t. After that press Install.
5) Complete the Installation
After you have completed the above-mentioned steps, the installation will proceed and will probably end in a few minutes.
1) Run the Application
Once the application is installed, open it and brace yourselves for a great gaming experience.
2) Enable App Store
When you run the app for the first time, it will ask ou whether or not you want to enable the app store. It will be easier for you if you do enable it right now because the app will continue asking you until you finally cave in and log into your account.
3) Logging In
Of course, to enable the app store, you have to provide your account information. If you don not have an account then make one because this will help you when you start downloading games and apps on Bluestacks.
Click on 1 click sync setup which is present in My Tabs and follow the instructions given to you by it.
If you were able to Download, Install and configure Bluestacks by following this post then please give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends.
How to install Apps for PC APK files in BlueStacks
- Ensure that you have installed Bluetacks correctly.
- Download the APK file of the app or game you want to play.
- Double click the downloaded APK file and set the default program to be Bluestacks, it will begin installation via BlueStacks.
- Once installed, it will appear under “All Apps” tab in BlueStacks.
- Open the application/game and start playing it using on-screen instructions